Sunday, September 18, 2016

Blogging for Good Customer Service

This is written as a follow-up to my previous post Avis Needs Some Customer Service Tips.  

First of all, let me say kudos to Avis for taking the time and effort to respond to my September 6, 2016 rant. When I posted the blog link on Twitter for all the world to see, Avis sent me a tweet asking me to contact them directly about the issue.  Although I didn't respond to the tweet, the local rental car company did notify me that my grandson's cellphone was miraculously found----even after I was told the car had been rented out to someone else just hours after I called to report the phone had been left in the vehicle.

OK---today all is well and now I can move on to the next issue but here's my point:  If there were no social media platform to air my grievance, that cell phone might still be missing today.  Had I not taken the time to write about my experience and post it on Twitter, Avis would have never known how one of their local franchises were responding, or in my case, NOT responding to their customers.  Remember, I called a total of 18 times before I wrote anything.

It's a shame that anyone would have to resort to a social media arena to make a complaint but perhaps this is what is needed more often.  Companies would be forced to stop ignoring or taking advantage of little people like me if we use our social media voices.  

Hopefully, one day the police who have been killing young black men and under the alleged "I was threatened for my life" banner will get that message.

For me, blogging is a means to a resolution. 



No comments:

Post a Comment